5050 Terms and Conditions
Any individual (each such individual is hereinafter referred to as a “Participant”) who enters, attempts to enter, or in any way participates or attempts to participate in any Happy Valley United 50/50 Raffle (“Raffle”) conducted by Happy Valley United agrees to be bound by the terms and conditions provided in these Official 50/50 Rules (“Rules”), as well as by Happy Valley United’s interpretations of these Rules, which are final and binding in all matters relating to any Raffle.
- Compliance with the Law: All Happy Valley United 50/50 Raffle tickets, transactions, participants, purchasers and winners are subject to these Rules, and to all applicable laws, rules and regulations, including but not limited to the Pennsylvania Sports Raffle Charities Act, any and all rules and regulations adopted pursuant thereto, and all other applicable rules and regulations adopted by any regulatory and/or enforcement agency having jurisdiction with respect to the activities to which these Rules apply.
- Eligibility: Each Raffle is open to all in attendance at the Happy Valley United event offering Raffle provided they are age eighteen (18) or older as of the date of entry. NO PERSON UNDER THE AGE EIGHTEEN (18) MAY PARTICIPATE. No person who has been convicted of a felony or a violation of the Pennsylvania Bingo Law, the Pennsylvania Local Option Small Games of Chance Act, the Pennsylvania Sports Raffle Charities Act or of any comparable federal or state law may have a pecuniary interest in the operation of or in the proceeds from such a Raffle. Other restrictions may apply. Void where prohibited or restricted by law.
- Entry: Raffle tickets may be purchased with credit/debit card using only (United States Dollars($USD)). Each ticket is a receipt for the Participant, and each number on a ticket represents one (1) entry for that event’s Raffle and is not eligible for any past or future Raffle drawings. Happy Valley United is not responsible for printing errors in any Raffle-related material or any problems associated with a ticket, including but not limited to misdirected, incomplete, lost, late, damaged, or illegible tickets or other errors or problems that may limit the Participant's ability to participate in or win any Raffle. No refunds will be made, except as otherwise determined by Happy Valley United in its sole discretion. Raffle ticket purchases are not tax deductible.
- Selection of Winner: Every ticket sale is electronically tallied. The running total of the Raffle ticket sales is periodically displayed and updated in real time on the scoreboard and various locations throughout the venue. The winning ticket number is selected by random drawing through an automated computer program following the conclusion of sales. One (1) winner will be chosen out of the pool of purchased Raffle tickets for that event. The decisions of Happy Valley United are final and binding on all matters relating to any Raffle. Winners do not need to be present to claim prize.
- Prize: The prize is cash, and the amount of cash depends on the number of Raffle tickets sold. Each Raffle winner will receive one-half (1/2) of the net amount collected from the sale of Raffle tickets at the event when and where the ticket the was sold.
- Odds of Winning: The odds of winning the prize are dependent on the number of Participants and the number of tickets sold in the Raffle.
- Claiming the Prize: The purchased raffle ticket is the only valid receipt for claiming a prize and must be redeemed in person. Should the raffle winner be unable to redeem their prize during the event, they may either (1) visit www.happyvalleyunited.com or (2) email Happy Valley United at email@example.com and a representative will provide instructions to them for their potential winning ticket. Prior to being awarded a prize, winners are required: to provide (1) a valid government-issued photo identification depicting proof of age; (2) a valid taxpayer identification number or social security number; and to complete, execute and return a Winning Ticket Claim Form acceptable to Happy Valley United. The social security number will be used for tax-reporting purposes. Upon completion of the required steps set forth in this paragraph and the corresponding documentation, a check for the prize amount or deposit will be mailed to the winner within two (2) to four (4) weeks of claiming the prize. Winners shall have thirty (30) days from the date of drawing printed on the Raffle ticket. Failure to submit identification or failure to complete required documentation within the specified time period, noncompliance with these Rules, claim the prize within this period of time, or return of any prize or prize notification as undeliverable, may result in disqualification and forfeiture of the prize. For the avoidance of doubt, Happy Valley United reserves the right to deny awarding the prize if the winner fails to provide satisfactory identification or complete the required documentation, as determined in Happy Valley United’s sole discretion. Any costs relating to the claiming the prize, including travel, are the sole responsibility of the winner.
- Taxes: Each prize winner shall be solely responsible for any federal, state, or local taxes associated with his/her receipt of the prize. Happy Valley United will report the winnings on IRS form W-2G and withhold federal income tax of twenty four percent (24%) from the prize in accordance with IRS guidelines and regulations for prizes exceeding $5,000. For prizes $5,000 or less, each prize winner shall be solely responsible for any federal, state, or local taxes associated with receipt of the prize. Prize winners who are non-resident aliens for tax purposes will be subject to all applicable withholding and reporting requirements.
- No Warranties: Happy Valley United makes no warranty, guaranty or representation of any kind concerning any prize and disclaim any express or implied warranty in the Raffle or Prize.
- Limitation of Liability and Release: By participating in the Raffle, you hereby agree to release and hold harmless Happy Valley United and its trustees, directors, officers, employees, agents, and representatives (“Released Parties”) from and against any and all claims or causes of action, including but not limited to claims or causes of action arising from Happy Valley United’s own negligence and claims or causes of action for personal injury, death, or damage to or loss of property, arising out of participation in the Raffle or the receipt, use, or misuse of any prize. To the extent any remedy exists, a Participant's sole and exclusive remedy for any claim against Happy Valley United arising out of the sale of Raffle tickets or the conduct of the Raffle shall be limited to the return of the purchase price paid for their Raffle ticket(s). In no event shall Happy Valley United be liable to any party or raffle participant for any loss or injury to earnings, profits or goodwill, or for any incidental, special, punitive or consequential damages of any person or entity whether arising in contract, tort or otherwise, even if advised of the possibility of such damages.
- Publicity Release: Participant hereby grants an irrevocable, world-wide, royalty-free right and license to Happy Valley United and the Released Parties to use, exploit, adapt, modify, reproduce, distribute, publicly perform and display the photographs, video, and/or audio (collectively “Media”) taken of Participant for use in promotional, educational, informational, advertising or commercial materials and communications in any from now known or later developed, including but not limited to publications, websites, articles, brochures, books, magazines, newsletters, exhibits, videos, films, social media, advertisements, and training programs (collectively “Materials”). Furthermore, Participant hereby authorize and consent to the use of my name, image, likeness, biographical information, and voice (collectively, “Likeness”) in the Media for all Materials or any other purposes deemed appropriate by Happy Valley United.
- Disqualification: All participants agree to be bound by these Rules. Non-compliance with any of these Rules will result in disqualification and all privileges as a Participant will be immediately terminated. Happy Valley United, in its sole discretion, further reserves the right to disqualify any person for: (i) tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Raffle; (ii) gaining an unfair advantage in participating in the Raffle; (iii) obtaining winner status using false, fraudulent or deceptive means; (iv) engaging in otherwise unsportsmanlike or disruptive behavior; or (v) otherwise violating the Rules. Any attempt to deliberately damage or undermine the legitimate operation of any Raffle may be in violation of criminal and civil laws and will result in disqualification from participation in the Raffle. Should such an attempt be made, Happy Valley United reserves the right to seek all available remedies and damages (including attorney’s fees) to the fullest extent of the law, including criminal prosecution.
- Reservation of Rights: Happy Valley United reserves the right in its sole discretion to supplement or make changes to these Rules at any time without notice. Happy Valley United reserves the right in its sole discretion to interpret the Rules, and such interpretation shall be binding upon all Participants. If for any reason the Raffle is not capable of running as planned, including without limitation lack of significant participation, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or other causes which adversely affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of the Raffle, Happy Valley United reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to cancel, suspend and/or modify the Raffle.
- No Waiver: The failure to enforce any term of these Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision. Any waiver must be in writing.
- Governing Law and Venue: These rules will be governed by the laws of the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law provision or rule that would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania. Any controversy, claim or dispute arising out of or relating hereto shall be adjudicated in the Court of Common Pleas of Centre County, Pennsylvania or the United States District Court for Middle District of Pennsylvania.